Wednesday, January 6, 2010

1st official weigh in

To give you some perspective. This was one of my sweet 16 photos. Love the hair! Ha ha ha.... Seriously though, I had a 25 inch waist and weighed in at around 110 pounds.

This is a picture from homecoming. I was 17 at the time. I had the Brooke Shields eyebrows going on along with the crunchy 90's hair. I also still had a 25 inch waist and weighed in around 120 pounds.

This is completely embarrassing, totally humiliating, and obviously necessary. I am embarrassed about my size but that is exactly why I'm doing this challenge. I know that putting it in writing once a week will hold me accountable for what I eat and how much exercise I get. I know that at some point someone will read this and say "Oh my god, she's huge." My hope is that at the end of this challenge they can come back and say "Oh my god, she looks awesome."

This is a picture of me 3 months ago. It was taken the second week of October 2009 while we were in Ireland for our 1st anniversary. This is the largest I have ever been in my life. I feel awful all the time. I'm tired, I have aches and pains, I get winded easily, my knees give out, my complexion is horrible, I'm having fertility issues, and I feel bad about myself. All of this can be solved with weight loss. So here I am.


When we put our condo up for sale, we put a lot of our stuff into a storage unit. This included our scale. I thought that I would be able to weigh in at the gym, since there is a scale in the locker room. However, it was more than a little intimidating to jump on the scale while surrounded by a bunch of size 2 women. So we went to the storage unit yesterday and got the scale out. I am a couple of days into this new diet challenge so I don't know if I've lost anything from the beginning to now (although I do know that my weigh in at a doctor's appointment last month had me 4 pounds heavier than today's weight). I will be using today's numbers as my starting point and posting my weigh in each Wednesday.

I weighed on a calibrated Weight Watchers scale at 8:00 am. This was prior to eating or exercising for the day.

Weight: 243.0 pounds
Hips: 53 inches
Waist: 44 inches
Bust: 40 inches
Arms: 15 inches
Thighs: 28 inches
Calves: 16.5 inches
Dress size: 20

No comments:

Post a Comment