Sunday, January 10, 2010

Body for Life desserts

I love dessert. If a diet calls for eliminating dessert, I will most likely cheat. I knew this going in to the Body for Life challenge. While researching our new menu items, I specifically checked out the dessert recipes on the website. I knew that if I had dessert to look forward to at the end of the day, I would stick to the workouts and strict diet. It has worked so far and I actually kind of like the recipes.

The diet requires all meals, including snacks and dessert, to have a combination of protein and carb. This can make dessert a little tricky but I've found a couple that are not bad. Keep in mind, there is no chocolate cake, brownies, or cookies going on here but they will satisfy any sweet tooth.

Strawberry "Cheesecake" Makes 1 serving.
1/2 Cup very soft tofu (the original recipe called for cottage cheese)
1/4 Cup vanilla yogurt (I use soy)
1/2 package sugar & fat free white chocolate pudding mix
1/3 Cup diced strawberries
4 vanilla wafer cookies, crushed

Combine the tofu, yogurt, and pudding mix until thick and smooth. Stir in (or sprinkle over top) the cookie crumbs and strawberries. Serve cold.

Banana Pudding Makes 1 serving.
1/2 package sugar & fat free banana creme pudding mix
2 scoops vanilla protein powder (I use Myoplex)
1/2 ripe banana
10 oz cold water
6 vanilla wafer cookies

In a blender, combine all ingredients except for the cookies. Pour into a bowl and chill. Serve with the vanilla cookies.

Apple Berry Crumble Makes 2 servings.
2 small apples, peeled, cored, and diced (I use 1 red delicious and 1 granny smith)
1/2 pint blueberries
4 vanilla wafer cookies, crushed
1 tbsp margarine
cinnamon & nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350. Place the fruit in a greased baking dish. Sprinkle top of fruit with cinnamon, nutmeg, and cookie crumbs. Top with pieces of margarine. Bake for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment