Monday, January 11, 2010

I'm boring.

So I'm getting used to this whole housewife gig. It's not bad. I get to sleep in most days but I'm going a little stir crazy. I've started giving myself a "to-do" list each day to help manage my time better. This is a list of my goals for the coming months.

  • I'm trying to get our place back in "show" condition so that we can put it back on the market in February. This entails thorough cleaning, organizing, and trips back and forth to the storage unit.
  • I am in the process of enrolling in school to finish my bachelor's degree. I will be majoring in Graphic Design...huge change from BioChem. LOL School will eventually take up quite a bit of my time.
  • I am working on putting together a portfolio so that I can start a freelance graphic design business. This includes coming up with a business name, logo, and website in addition to getting my actual artwork together.
  • I'm working on a new logo and website for our ghost group. We have a conference coming up in March and I would like to have all of our merchandise (t-shirts, bumper stickers, magnets, etc) printed with the new logo.
  • I am focused on losing weight. I will be coming up with new recipes that fit into our new diet and may add some of them to the Udder Freedom repertoire.
  • Part of my weight loss goals include a sub-goal of being able to go 6 miles on the elliptical at the end of the 12 week challenge. This is currently a work in progress.
  • I may have to get a part-time job. I don't do well sitting at home all day, every day. I really like having my financial freedom. If freelance work doesn't pay off right away, I may look for something part-time to bring in some extra cash.
I know all of this is pretty boring. I'm feeling a little guilty about not having a real job anymore. We still have to figure out health insurance and retirement accounts, so our plan thus far is not perfect but it's getting there. I do truly believe that this is a good move for us in the long run. Once I have finished my degree, I will be able to make much more money than I was before. The ultimate goal is that I will be able to make that money from home so that I can be home with our family. Let's hope Murphy doesn't get in the way too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment