Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Week 10 Weigh-In and Food Log

Week 10, only 2 weeks to go.

I'm really not following the Body for Life Challenge plan anymore. As the weeks passed by, I adjusted the diet to fit my own needs. The diet was originally made for body builders, so it is very high on carbs and protein. It did not take calories into account at all. I have since tweaked it to include lean meats, fish, and vegetarian options. I've also decided to cut my calories down to about 1400 (although it seems I do better with 1500), I've cut out most of my sugar, and almost all of my caffeine intake. I still need to work on cutting out my fat intake, it is way too high. I plan to buy a food scale too. I realized the other day just how off my serving sizes really are and I think have a scale to measure out "4 oz of beef" would be helpful.

I've changed the workout routine as well. Instead of doing 20 minutes of cardio 3 days a week, I am doing about an hour of cardio 3 days a week. I am still doing 3 days of strength training but I've tweaked those workouts as well. The original workout has you doing 5 sets of reps using higher weights each set with fewer reps for each exercise. So you start with 10 pounds weights at 12x, then 12 pounds weights 10x, 15 pounds 8x, 20 pounds 6x, and then back down to 10 pounds 12x. This is great for building bulk, but I don't want bulk I want to lose weight. So I now do 5 sets of 12 reps each using one size weight.

I will not be stopping at the end of the 12 weeks. This has been a kick-start for me and I plan on continuing until I've reached my goal weight of 140 pounds. I have quite a ways to go, so I'll most likely be doing this for over a year.

So here are the stats for this week.

Weight - 237.4 (-2 pounds)
Hips - 46.5 (-1 inch)
Waist - 37.5 (no change)
Bust - 36.5 (no change)
Biceps - 13.5 (-.5 inch)
Thighs - 26 (+.5 inch)
Calves - 16 (no change)

I'm hoping that my lack of loss in measurements is due to the fact that I lost so much size in the beginning and now my weight is catching up. I seem to be on the right track with losing around 2 pounds a week.

Yesterday's food log.


No comments:

Post a Comment