Thursday, April 8, 2010

Hello there.

So it looks like I haven't posted in over 3 weeks. I got burnt out. What else can I say. I'm frustrated with my lack of weight loss. I'm frustrated with busting my ass working out 6 days a week and having almost zero results. I'm frustrated with restricting calories and types of food I consume and not seeing any results. I fell off the wagon. I could give you a whole bunch of excuses but I won't. I just didn't feel like putting in all of the effort for no benefit. I know that sounds horrible. I know that I was seeing some results, albeit very small. I know a little bit is better than nothing, but really? I watch my brother lose 5 pounds a week without even working out and here I am struggling to lose half a pound while I kill myself at the gym. I just got fed up.

Unfortunately, Vince falls off the wagon when I do. He does not stick to a diet/exercise program unless I force him to. Even then, he cheats and thinks I don't know about it. I don't like being a nag or acting like his mom. If he wants to lose weight, he needs to man-up and do it for himself and not because I nag him to.

I need to get back on track. I was seeing some results. I was feeling better. I need to get back there. So here's the new plan. I'm going back to reduced calories, around 1500 a day. I will be going back to healthy, low-carb, low fat meals. I will be working out again but on a much more manageable schedule. I will not be at the gym 6 days a week. I will do cardio 3-4 days a week and try to get in an upper body and lower body workout. I may sign up for some classes at the gym as well, just to mix things up. I've been thinking about trying a spin class...we'll see if I can work up the nerve to do it. I know I'll be going it alone since Vince "doesn't do" classes. Oh well, I need to do what will work for me and if I don't try it, I won't know if it will work.

I'm having an HSG done tomorrow. This is basically an x-ray to check my uterus and tubes for any blockages or abnormalities. This will determine if I am a good candidate for medicated fertility cycles. If everything looks good I'll be moving on to my first medicated month. Once the stress of that is over, I'll do a weigh-in and start posting my food diary again. I might even start doing my progress pictures again.

So keep checking. I promise things will get interesting again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment