Monday, May 17, 2010

Weigh-In

It is Monday once again. My morning has been busy so I didn't weigh myself right away. I actually forgot to do it until just a minute ago. I had already eaten breakfast but I don't think it affected my weight too much. I have been pretty forgetful about taking my meds at night and I ate a LOT of sugar over the weekend. I hadn't plan on it. I was doing really well all week. I worked out almost every day last week. I ate well and watched my calories and my sodium. I felt good. I was looking forward to the weekend and getting ready to leave for Phoenix.

That's when it happened. Friday night arrived. Vince and I went up to our neighbor's place to hang out. I was really good, I didn't even have a drink other than caffeine free diet coke. We were supposed to go bowling with friends later that evening. As we were getting into the car to go bowling, we get a text that our friends are sick and not able to go. So now what do we do? It is 9pm on a Friday night. We are already getting into the car and have no where to go. I suggest that we go back upstairs. I can make a healthy dessert of some kind and we can watch a movie. Nope. Not gonna happen.

Ok. I agree to go with Vince to the store, with the hopes that I can convince him to get something no quite so bad. I'm horrible. I have no will power what so ever. We choose a giant cookie cake. Ok not too bad. Then Vince says he can't have it without frosting. So a can of chocolate fudge frosting goes into the basket. This is getting bad. As we walk toward the ice cream aisle (yes, that's right, ice cream), we pass a display of Krispy Kreme donuts. This is where my will power is completely obliterated. I can't pass up a box of raspberry jelly donuts. Vince doesn't want those, he wants the boston cream donuts. So in the basket both boxes go. Horrible I know.

We get all of this junk home and settle in for a sugar coma and some Babylon 5. I know what you're thinking. I can hear it coming through my computer screen. I even thought it myself. I know that just because it is in the house doesn't mean that I have to eat it. I could have done damage control by only eating a little bit of it, but I didn't.

Over the weekend I ate 6 donuts and half of that giant cookie (without frosting). I pretty much made myself sick. It disgusts me just to think about it. Thankfully, I didn't do too much damage as far as my weight is concerned. I'm guessing that all of my workouts off-set my eating. I know I could have had a bigger loss if I had eaten better.

Weight: 237.2 (-.6 pounds)
Hips: 49 inches (no change)
Waist: 40 inches (no change)
Bust: 37 inches (-1 inch)
Arms: 14.5 inches (no change)
Thighs: 25 inches (-.5 inch)
Calves: 16.5 inches (-.5 inch)

I am leaving for Phoenix this afternoon. I will be gone for almost 2 weeks. I don't know if I'll get to work out at all. I know mom has a membership at Curves, so I might be able to get a light workout in over there. I will really have to watch what I eat since I know we will be eating out quite a bit and well, let's face it, mom isn't the healthiest eater in the world. I'll just have to do my best.

I don't know if mom has a scale/tape measure so I don't know if I'll be able to post my weigh-in for the next 2 weeks. Keep checking though, just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment