Thursday, May 6, 2010

Weight Loss Progress

I've been called out. I keep saying I'm going to update with my weight loss journey and then I don't. I have more excuses than should be allowed by law. The truth is, I fell off the wagon. I'm an emotional eater. We've had some extremely stressful stuff going on and well, I just couldn't be bothered to continue to workout or not eat the entire pint of ice cream that was in the freezer.

Very slowly I've been getting back on track.

I bought a food scale and have been weighing out my meal portions. This has been a tremendous educational tool. You really don't have any idea how much you're eating until you weigh it out. You don't really know what 3 ounces of meat looks like until you see it on the scale. I can tell you right now that my "guestimates" all this time have been way off. I've been eating much more than I thought I was. That is now changing.

Healthy cooking. That's all I have to say about that. Well...not really. We both know I can't just leave it at that, I like to talk too much. I've been making a huge effort to cook better food for us to eat. We eat out way too much so I've been researching our favorite restaurant meals and trying them out at home, using fresh ingredients. I've cut back on our sodium and caffeine intake. I've cut back on pre-packaged foods with tons of preservatives. I'm using more whole grains and eating fewer "white" products. I'm actually a little surprised at the difference in taste and the fact that I really don't miss my daily baked potato.

Exercise, the bane of my existence. I know I don't lose weight without exercising yet, I hate to exercise. I really do have to talk myself into getting onto the elliptical. Sometimes I even bribe myself. I know, I know, I'm terrible. I haven't worked out in weeks. Now that the weather is getting nicer, I will be doing more hiking outside. But I know the 4-6 miles of hiking I do a week will not be enough. I need to get back onto the elliptical. I might also take a class at the gym just to mix things up. I really should work out 4 times a week to see optimum weight loss. As much as I hate it, it is a necessary evil in this journey. I just need to suck it up and do it.

So now we've come to the part that you came here for, my weigh-in. I will admit that I've gained a little back in size. I'm guessing that is because I stopped working out. My weight has continued to go down but not nearly as quickly as it could have if I had been better. Now that I know someone is actually reading this and holding me accountable, I'll think I'll be better.

My losses are calculated from the last week I had a weigh-in, which was 3/17/10.
Weight: 235.8 (-1.6 pounds)
Hips: 48 inches (+1.5 inches)
Waist: 39 inches (+1.5 inches)
Bust: 38 inches (+1.5 inches)
Biceps: 13.5 inches (no change)
Thighs: 25.5 inches (-.5 inches)
Calves: 16.5 inches (+.5 inches)

Here's to bigger losses in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment