This one was a big hit. The filling is out of this world. I had several people go in to the kitchen to grab what was left in the bowl and use it as a spread. It really was yummy.
I will say that the recipe made enough filling for 2 bags of peppers, but that could vary depending on the sizes of peppers that you happen to get in the bag. I made a double batch and used some of the leftover filling to stuff some mushrooms that I had. I preferred the mushrooms to the peppers but that is probably just my own taste, Vince like the peppers better.
These were easy, quick, and pretty tasty so I know I'll be making them (and some mushrooms) again.
Stuffed Mini Sweet PeppersAdapted from The Way to His Heart
1-2 bags of Baily's Mini Sweet Bell Peppers
8 oz Fat-Free Cream Cheese, softened
8 oz Fat-Free Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1 box (9.6 oz) Jimmy Dean Brown & Serve Breakfast Sausage Patties (pre-cooked)
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
1/4 Cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a mixing bowl, crumble the sausage.
- Thoroughly mix in the cheeses and seasonings.
- Cut each pepper in half, lengthwise, and de-seed.
- Generously fill each pepper half with the cheese mixture, making a mounded top.
- Roll the tops of the filled peppers in the breadcrumbs.
- Place in a greased baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Yields: Approximately 24 servings (2 pepper halves per serving)